Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Where I'm From Poem

Back where I come from-
When dinner’s on the table,
We all gather ‘round.
If we’re all together,
Childhood stories are bound to come up.
If we’re telling stories,
We’re probably laughing ‘til our stomachs ache.
If our stomachs ache,
We ate too many Christmas cookies after opening presents.
If we opened presents,
We’ll be having friends over to play with new toys.
If we’re having friends over,
Start poppin’ the popcorn because we’ll be eating all night.
If we’re eating all night,
We might as well sleepover.
If we’re having a sleepover,
We’ll sleep straight through Saturday morning.
If we sleep through Saturday morning
We’ll have to rush through our chores to make time to play.
If we play all day,
We’ll be hungry for dinner,
When we all gather ‘round-
Back where I come from.



2 comments:

  1. How wonderfully clever this poem is! A take on the "where I'm from" poem but with a "If you give a mouse a cookie" twist, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did something different with the "where I'm from" poem. It was really interesting and I loved the picture that went with it!

    ReplyDelete