Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shel Silverstein Found Poem

Summer is
Worn-out flip flops dragging across the sand
Green grass turned yellow atop the dried-up land
Countless afternoons spent lying on the boat
Or cruising down the river in a neighborhood-wide float
Soda by the bottle lying in coolers in the sun
Boxes full of puzzles ensure that we have fun
Ice cream cones are melting as they bake in the heat
Leaves provide shade for those people with bare feet
These are the things that I'll always treasure.


 

4 comments:

  1. Your poem really makes me want summer to come faster. The picture you chose was perfect. Too bad it is currently snowing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this poem but it makes me really bummed that it is snowing right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem because it's about summer and I have been dreaming about summer for a while now... It makes me feel warm inside even though it's like thirty degrees outside :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing poem. You catch the readers attention and unintentionally make them start thinking about their ideal summer. Great job!

    ReplyDelete