Saturday, March 12, 2011

Growing Up and Getting Ready

In the past few weeks, there has definitely been a general trend on focusing more on our careers as teachers and less on present experiences in field.

Example: This time next year, I will be interviewing for grad programs or a real teaching job... WEIRD!
Example: I just registered for classes for my last year of college... WEIRD!
Example: I can receive my state pension in 2042 after teaching for 30 years... WEIRD!

When did I grow up? I feel like I was just a freshman in college and now I am learning how to interview, differences between school districts, and I am more concerned with my classroom management strategies than the grade I got on my last paper. I am certain that I am learning alot but I am quite anxious to see all the aspects of education that I have observed and practiced come together. Basically, I want to freeze junior year for a little longer so I can squeeze even more observation hours and random teaching strategies into my head before I am sent off on my own to do it this coming fall/spring. Ughhhh growing up...I guess it's time to get ready for a real job.

No comments:

Post a Comment